Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Peas and Doctors and Teeth, Oh My!

What a busy day! Today we took Truman to the pediatrician for this "tummy bug" that has been hanging on for over two weeks. On the walk to the doctor's office, we passed a construction site. Every time Truman heard a jackhammer he laughed hysterically. Every time. By the time we got to the building he was so tired from laughing that he would just laugh and laugh and then sigh. The doctor's office, in and of itself, was an adventure (very busy after the holiday weekend), but we survived, and we learned that Truman now weighs 13 pounds! In the middle of the day during a bottle in which Truman wasn't terribly interested, we made an amazing discovery: Truman's first tooth is coming in!!! Yay! Maybe all of these interesting feeding and tummy issues we've been having have been related to teething! Pictures of the tooth to come as we are able to get them. Also, this being Tuesday, the food du jour was peas. Ick. I mean... yum. What a day!


Peas look yummy.


Ooooh.... now peas look... different.




Here's my first bite of peas.


Hm. Warm and soft. (I'm practicing to be a food critic.)


Okay, I'll feed myself now, thanks.


Um... can I get up yet?


There are peas right here in this bowl, see?



One thing I can say for peas... they sure are a neat color.

3 comments:

randigideon said...

Look at that signing he's doing....little prodigy!

Esther said...

no way with the jackhammer! are there other LOUD sounds that make him laugh too?

Sarah said...

Not so far... actually, loud sneezes and sounds that surprise him sometimes make him cry, so... the jackhammer? who knows!?