Friday, May 2, 2008

New Exercises

This morning we had a quick trip to the doctor. Truman now weighs 12 lbs. 5 oz.! When we got home, it was time for Truman's occupational therapy visit. The therapist said Truman's arms and legs and neck are very strong, and the focus today was finding exercises that will strengthen Truman's trunk muscles so he can sit. Check out his new moves:

Apba has his hand planted firmly on my pelvis.

His job is to hold my pelvis really still so that when I lean in any direction...



... I have to use all my trunk muscles to bring myself back to center.

I think I've got the hang of this.

Whoa... here I go off to the side... maybe Umma and Apba will do this with me a lot!

Exercise wears me out... I'm napping!

This whole sheet was flat and I was playing on top of it when we started.

But what fun is that when I can cover myself up and roll around?

Shhh. I'm hiding. Don't tell Mom and Dad where I am!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Those trunk exercises look like they will be good for him. But then he likes doing anything (except carrots) with his Dad.

He looks sooooo cute peeking out from the sheet.

Love,
Granpa

Anastasia Marie said...

I like the peeking picture, too. He's so super cute!

randigideon said...

Adorable! He's just too cute. He makes exercising look like about as much fun as it can be. :)

Anne said...

whew! i think Truman is getting more exercise than me!

Sam Kim said...

Anne, that better not be true! Remember Ring Dance is coming up!!!

David said...

whoa, so strict, samuel! he's definitely getting more exercise than me.

Esther said...

ahhahahahh! Anne, you crack me up and all the following comments about exercising-- haha- my friend Katie wants me to train for a half-marathon with her. All I mentioned to her though beforehand was doing one before I turned 30 (*gulp* and it's coming up!)

LOVE that he's doing the exercises and finding joy in that! Love where he's doing the infamous Titanic pose haha-- also love his Linus blankie!!!

Unknown said...

Truman is doing soo good! Those look like great exercises. Looks like he loves the big sheets, just like Zane!