That's right. Our baby boy turned one year old today! Hard to believe. Yesterday he sat up on his own in his crib for the first time! Today he spent the day at home and celebrated with Umma and Apba. He had some fun times and some things he wasn't sure about. None of us were sure about his vegan cake (since there are many foods he cannot eat until he turns one year corrected... like eggs and dairy)! Enjoy seeing Truman's day! This weekend he'll celebrate with other friends and family.
Good morning. It's my what? Birthday?

Did you tell Blue Bear?
Hi Apba! Thanks for the birthday wishes!
I'm showing off my skills with blocks.

Hey, Heidi! Do you want to play?
See? I can sit myself up!
There you are, Heidi! Let's play!
Where are you going?
How does this work?

What is under my high chair?

Hm. What's behind door number one?

Breakfast!

Water. Yum.

I'm tired. Could I nap?

Thanks!
Look who is here!
High five, Kid!
What else is going on?

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Lunch time!
Kind of yum.

For me?!

Watch out! Here I come!

Birthday cards are yummy!
So many people sent me things, Apba! Did you see? Thank you, Everyone!
Oooh... this is pretty.
How do I get in there?
I see the buttons... but they feel just like the rest of the card... I'm so confused!
Yes! Just what I wanted!
How are cards so delicious?

I can unwrap these gifts... no problem!
Birthdays are fun!

So these are the instructions, huh?
Who needs 'em?? They're a better snack!

Dinner. I'm always eating!
What is this?!
I'll check it out.
Hi! I'm the birthday boy!
I think I have something on my head.
I'm watching you, Cake.
Why are you moving it towards me, Apba?
Okay, okay... I touched it.
Somebody get me out of here.
I surrender! No more! No more!
Thanks for saving me from the cake blob, Apba!
Bath time! Awesome.
My mohawk is super clean.
I love you, Apba. I liked my birthday.

I love to cuddle with you, Umma... especially on my birthday.
Goodnight everyone. Birthdays wipe me out!
5 comments:
That looked like a wonderful and fun birthday celebration the three of you had!
Love,
Grandpa
That looks like such a perfect day! I love that most 1st birthdays seem to involve tears roughly around cake time!
LOL! That was awesome! I especially liked Truman on the window sill and the cake blob...what was that?
Thanks for the comments! I was hoping for some real digging in to the cake, but... no such luck. Just fear and horror. ;) Oh, the cake blob... yes... well... since Truman can't have eggs or dairy yet it was tricky to make a cake. That was a vegan cake (no animal products) with yogurt icing. The cake did not (obviously) hold its shape well, and it kind of tasted like corn bread. The icing tasted like cream cheese icing and was yummy. Too bad Truman tasted neither. ;) Maybe next year!
What a great birthday Truman had. It is so hard to believe he is 1 already! Lots of love from Aunt Crystal!!
Post a Comment