Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Eyes Have It

Or more importantly... don't have it. Today we saw the opthalmologist. We'd been going at least once a month (once every two weeks for awhile there) to check on Truman's eye development. He, like many preemies born at his gestation, had a condition called ROP (to learn more about ROP, please visit: http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/rop/ ). Many children grow out of this condition, but in some it requires surgery. We'd been anxiously awaiting the news we got today: The ROP has resolved! Truman's eyes are "perfect"! We do not have to go back to the eye doctor until the fall, because all is well now, and from here on out it will just be routine exams. MORE good news. What a great week!



When we got home, Mom gave me a bath... then I was ready for a warm snuggly nap.


A very... good... nap.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so very happy for Truman and both of you. I know the worry that it has all been but I also know the joy you feel as your son becomes more healthy each day.

I love to look at Truman. He is getting so big. It is hard to believe that he was so small such a short time ago.

All his success is because he has had two great parents that love and do everything to get him to this point.

MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU BOTH.

Love , Grandmother (happy grandmother)

Anne said...

I agree!

all his developments and steps are so exciting to hear!!!!

i love Truman!!!

(and you guys as well :) )

Esther said...

praise God for all the good news that continues to flood us with muchhhhh joy!! what a blessing! I second grandmother on being such AMAZING parents!!!

Aunt (veryyy happy auntie!!! :D)