Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fancy Feet

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Everyone! The luck of the Irish brought Truman a gift. His orthotics arrived today, so he has some fancy, fancy feet. He's not used to wearing socks... or shoes... let alone something so snug as these orthodics. We're yet to receive the wearing schedule (or find shoes that fit over the orthotics), but soon he'll be wearing them most of the day (unless he's sleeping... and he can have them off awhile right before bed). It may take a bit of time for Truman to get used to them, but I have a feeling that nothing is going to keep him from walking now that he likes it so well!

My mom says this hat no longer fits me, but I think it's very dapper.

See? I can stretch and everything in it. Perfect. I've worn it all morning.


Ta da! Orthotics!


Um... guys... I'm not sure about this.


Let me just see how these work.


Seriously? You want me to wear these all the time?


I'm kind of anti-standing up right now.

Okay, Apba... you win. I'll take a step or two.

Now I have to wear them with shoes?

I can stand!

Do my feet look fast?




Well, I'm not sure I've quite got the hang of this, but I'm working on it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Truman is such a strong boy I bet he does just fine walking with the supports on.

randigideon said...

His expressions are too funny! Yes, I think you are right, orthodics are not likely to slow Truman's walking for long. He's got places to go and awesome hats to show off!

Esther said...

exciting! haha, that stretching pose reminds me of appa standing :P

Sam Kim said...

It was nice catching up on all of those posts! I'm excited to see him during Graduation week, and I hope the walking and talking go well!

randigideon said...

Yes, Truman, your feet look "scary fast" (as Brandt would say)! Maybe a bit too fast, by the looks of that last picture, but I'm sure your upper body will catch up to them, soon! LOVE the shoes!